At Creta Maris Resort, we implement programs that aim at reducing water consumption and improving its quality for the resort’s everyday needs.
- Use of licensed water boreholes
- Reverse osmosis and filtration units
- Automated watering of the resort’s green areas at night to avoid the morning sun, which causes about 30% water loss due to evaporation
- Implementation of drip irrigation systems
- Adjustment of the mains for each tap to improve water flow control
- Implementation of the ‘Wash on Demand’ policy regarding the resort’s cleaning service for towels and sheets, calling on guests to contribute to reducing water consumption, through special signs
- Control and maintenance of water quality, wherever it is used (certified according to ISO: 22000)
- Manual or robotic cleaning of swimming pools to avoid frequent replacement of fresh water
- Training of personnel in water-saving techniques.