As of 2021, a photovoltaic power system has been installed and operating at Creta Maris Resort, generating 155,2085 Wh. At the same time, the installation of electric vehicle charging stations has commenced. We also implement monitoring systems for direct and indirect greenhouse gas emissions to ensure their steady reduction.
- Replacement or installation of new energy recovery systems that exchange the exhaust energy normally contained in the indoor air conditioning and ventilation systems to heat or cool water for use.
- Use of liquid propane (gas) in all kitchens and main laundry facilities
- Gradual replacement of incandescent and economy light bulbs with LED light bulbs.
- Implementation of a modern Building Energy Management System (BEMS), which controls the most important operating parameters in order to optimize operations and have better control over energy consumption
- Use of magnetic cards in all rooms, ensuring that all electrical appliances (except refrigerators) are turned off when guests leave their rooms
- Replacement or installation of energy-efficient electrical equipment in all sectors, such as A+++ air-conditioning systems, refrigerators, computers, and photocopiers.
- Establishment of procedures for the maintenance and proper cleaning of all energy installations
RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES
The use of renewable energy sources contributes to the improvement of the quality of the environment. Unlike conventional energy sources, RES have minimal environmental impacts, which leads to financial savings. Bearing this in mind, Creta Maris Resort has installed panels for solar water heating. Thus, the energy savings over a 6-month operating period amount to 1,600,000 kWh/period, corresponding to approximately 150,000 lt of LPG for 2021.